Chickpea and Pumpkin Casserole
27 May 2021
Having a pumpkin, a can of chickpeas and a can of tomatoes in your pantry guarantees you a heartwarming autumn meal! Try this casserole with some brown rice, or mashed potato.
1 chopped onion
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp paprika
500 – 600g pumpkin
Canned chickpea in springwater
Canned tomato (diced)
1 cup water
2 cups broccoli floret
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat a dash of oil in a heat-proof casserole or lidded frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft.
2) Add the garlic and paprika and cook a further minute.
3) Dice the pumpkin and add to the pan with the chickpeas, canned tomato, and stock or water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Add the broccoli to the casserole, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are all tender.
5) Season to taste before serving on rice.