1 April 2021
Tacos are so versatile and colourful that they are always a hit! This recipe is made with mince but you could add some beans (legumes) or grated into the mix too!
500g lean ground beef
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
Pinch of salt and pepper
12 taco shells
1) Add the beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Break the meat apart with a wooden spoon.
2) Add the chilli powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to the meat. Cook until the meat is well browned, about 6-8 minutes.
3) Reduce the heat to medium. Add the tomato sauce and water. Stir to combine. Cook for 7-8 minutes until thick. Remove from the heat.
4) Warm the taco shells according to their package directions.
5) Divide the beef mixture among the taco shells.
6) Top with desired taco toppings: shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, diced red onion, sour cream, guacamole, etc.