Slow cooker beans
5 August 2021
Looking for something to cook for dinner this week? Why not try our slow cooker smoky beans recipe!
This meal is super-convenient, inexpensive, and delicious. You could have this meal for dinner on sourdough, topped with avocado, parmesan cheese, and tomato. Otherwise, you could meal prep on Sunday to have with rice and veggies for your lunches during the week.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Smoky Beans:
• 1 diced onion
• 1 garlic clove
• 400g can black beans
• 400g can pinto beans
• 400g can be chopped tomatoes
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
• 1/2 packet of spinach
1. Drizzle a tbsp of oil in the slow cooker and turn on low. Add all of the ingredients, except for spinach to the slow cooker and stir.
2. After 6-8 hours on low, or 3-5 hours on high. Your beans should be ready to go. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
3. Season with salt and pepper.