Vote now for our region at the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards 2021
11 June 2021
Nuku Ora, on behalf of the Wellington region, has recently been named as a finalist in the COVID-19 response category at the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards 2021.
The winner of this award will be decided by public vote which is open now and closes at 11:59pm on Wednesday 16 June.
We are one of four finalists and we need your help to bring this award home, not just for us, but for everyone in our region that we know worked tirelessly during lockdown and the months that followed to keep our communities safe and active.
The impact of COVID-19 on our sector and communities was immense, and the financial, emotional, mental, and physical burden of this continues to be felt.
Integral to our response was collaboration with partners around the region. This is an opportunity for us to celebrate the collaboration, connection and partnerships that fostered during an extremely trying time.
The voting process is quick and easy, and open to anyone. Submit your vote here and please encourage your colleagues, friends and family to do the same.*
To help us ensure this award comes home to Wellington, you can spread the word by sharing our Facebook and LinkedIn posts as well.
Voting closes at 11:59pm on 16 June 2021. Winner to be announced at the awards evening on Monday 21 June 2021.
Thank you again for your support, not only with this award but in your dedication and commitment over the past year to ensuring everyone in our community has the opportunity to be active, healthy, and happy.
- Through the Regional Recovery Group, we facilitated 10 collaborative projects to support the sector with eight councils, three district health boards, four regional sport and community organizations, Regional Public Health, one funder and Sport New Zealand.
- During Lockdown more than 40 people from across the sector regularly attended our Connecting Conversations and expert webinars that featured lawyers, coaches, economists, and physical activity organizations.
- We continued to deliver Green Prescription, physical activity, and wellbeing programmes through innovative and alternative means, including creating the Wellbeing Hub to support this.
- We sent out 31 Sector Updates last year, each one bringing you the latest information on changing alert levels; government announcements critical HR, Legal and Health and Safety information; best practice examples and more. All of which was easily-accessible on our COVID-19 Info hub.
- 348 community organisations benefited from the four rounds of community funding we distributed across the region in 2020.
Watch the video below to learn more about how we supported the Wellington region through collaboration and connection to respond to COVID-19.
*Please note, you must register your name and email address to vote. The information provided to register and cast your vote is solely for that purpose and will not be used for any other reason.