College Sport Wellington - Sport and Content Manager
SPORT AND CONTENT MANAGER - COLLEGE SPORT WELLINGTON
Responsible to: Executive Director
Functional relationships: College Sport Wellington Managers
Sport New Zealand
Regional & National Sports Bodies
School Sport New Zealand
Regional Sports Directors
College Sport Wellington is an Incorporated Society and Charitable Entity whose primary function is to initiate, promote and coordinate sporting opportunities for secondary school students of the greater Wellington region. College Sport Wellington, was established in 1989 and has a current staff of five (an Executive Director and four Sport Managers) who work in direct liaison with the 55 Sports Coordinators in 41 member schools from Wellington north to include Otaki, representing a total student population of approximately 28,000.
- Position Responsibility
To provide leadership & direction to member schools and their personnel, in particular in the areas listed and in so doing, ensure that College Sport Wellington continues at the forefront of secondary school sport and physical activity delivery in New Zealand:
- Professional Support & guidance
- Resource Management & Development
This position has a particular focus upon driving stakeholder engagement, primarily; students, parents and volunteers, through various content mediums.
- Key Accountabilities
- Managerial, promotional & administrative responsibility for the below sports, including competition and event management:
- Underwater Hockey
- Ki o Rahi
- Liaison with regional and national bodies for the above sports, including promotion and support of national events where relevant.
- Oversee our social media & communications plan, which includes posting new social media content, monitoring social media sites and liaising with various staff for social media and e-newsletter content.
- Manage our website and ensure it is up-to-date, containing relevant content for students, their whānau, schools, and stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage our livestreaming capability at College Sport Wellington’s major events.
- Coordination of various partners that provide photography, video, print media and graphic design services.
- Work with the other College Sport Wellington Sport Managers to promote the events and activities within their sports.
- Work with the other College Sport Wellington Sport Managers to ensure media are kept in touch with College Sport Wellington events and activities.
- Support the College Sport Wellington Sport and Operations Manager in maintaining database systems.
- Support the co-ordination of Sportsperson of the Year Awards.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all member schools, regional & national sports bodies.
- General Duties and Responsibilities
- Be punctual and work the hours and times specified.
- Prioritise workload to ensure work of the greatest importance to the business is undertaken with urgency and to a high standard.
- Support and help develop a positive workplace culture.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Responsibly manage all business resources within accountability levels.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description and all other duties as required by the business.
- Comply with all employment obligations.
- Promptly undertake to complete all reasonable and lawful instructions and directions given.
- Serve the business in good faith, promoting and protecting the business's best interests.
- During work time, and such other times as may be reasonably required, dedicate all effort to the execution and fulfilment of the duties, responsibilities, obligations and instructions related to employment.
- Demonstrate through own actions a commitment to Health and Safety at work when undertaking work or observing others in the workplace.
- Skills, Experience and Education
- Experience in developing communications strategies
- Budget management
- Excellent communication and liaison skills
- Proactive and the ability to develop creative solutions for effective problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills; approachable, patient and discrete
- Exceptional self-management and time management
Garden to Table Regional Coordinator - Hutt Valley, Wainuiomata and Wairarapa
Garden to Table Trust is a growing charity that works with schools and kura to empower thousands of tamariki across Aotearoa New Zealand to whanake (grow), hauhake (harvest), whakarite (prepare), and whāngai (share) seasonal, affordable and sustainable kai.
The programme enables schools and kura throughout the country to deliver, embed and sustain impactful food education. Empowering tamariki as changemakers, children take the lead, learn by doing it for themselves, develop essential life skills and build resilience. Garden to Table’s real-world learning is curriculum-linked and helps teachers integrate this learning across subjects like maths, science, and literacy. Principals report the programme creates better health, learning, and environmental outcomes for students.
Want to join us?
We are recruiting to find a dynamic new team member to join our Regional Coordinator team. This is an exciting opportunity to support and continue to build a community of Garden to Table schools in Wellington (Hutt Valley, Wainuiomata and Wairarapa) with the support of a very helpful and friendly team of colleagues in Te Whanganui a Tara and across the motu.
The Garden to Table Regional Coordinator, Hutt Valley role is flexible, you will work from your home office, and we promise you will have wonderful colleagues and enjoy being part of our super friendly team. The rewards of helping to empower tamariki, whānau and hapori to build connection with each other through growing and sharing kai and caring for Papatūānuku make every working day enriching.
About the role
This is a permanent role of 12 hours per week for 40 weeks of the year (excluding school holidays). The rate of pay will be $37.13 per hour, $17,822 per annum.
Aotea College Sports Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Sport, Principal, Business Manager
Working Relationships: External: Sports staff in other schools, CSW, sporting associations
Internal: All college staff, students and coaches, managers,
Conditions of Work: 40 hours per week, term time only, some work may be required
during the holidays or outside standard school hours.
NZEI Support Staff Admin Grade 4 step dependent on experience
Purpose of Position: Provide advanced specialised technical skills and indepth knowledge to
support the Director of Sport to increase the quality of student participation in sports, recreation
and physical activity. This will include providing solutions for the organisation and management of sports teams, programmes and events, including providing a physical presence.
Listing a vacancy
If you have a sport and active recreation, health, or wellbeing focused vacancy in the greater Wellington region that you would like to advertise on this page, please email the relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to include the close-off date for applications.