Tū Rangatira/Lead with Purpose
Nuku Ora Leadership Programme 2024 – lead self; lead teams; grow your leadership influence.
Limited to 20 places, this programme takes place from early April to late April/early May 2024. Participants will need to commit to all of the following:
- Completing assigned pre-programme personality and values assessments
- One 60-minute online orientation session
- Five in-person days spread over two workshops
- One 60/90-minute online session, midway between the two workshops
The programme is based on the Puna Leadership Framework and is designed for aspiring and experienced people leaders who want to build their team leadership skills and expand their influence in organisational and community contexts.
The programme will be delivered by the experienced facilitation team of Gretchen Young, Phil Gibbons, Ness Mill and Pita Noanoa. This team will create a fun, safe and engaging environment for the leadership cohort to learn together and build a strong network of peers.
Using a range of facilitation techniques to suit a variety of learning styles, the facilitators will guide participants in:
- gaining insights into their natural leadership styles and values, and how to leverage strengths and manage potentially derailing blind spots
- understanding how to build critical relationships, navigate challenging contexts and lead with purpose
- learning ways to grow leadership capability in others, foster team cohesion, and improve individual and team performance
- exploring connections between western leadership concepts and te ao Māori leadership concepts and values
Ka mua, ka muri – throughout the programme, participants will be encouraged through reflection to draw wisdom from past experiences (successes and failures) to navigate current and future leadership challenges.
The programme will be delivered on the following dates:
- Tuesday 19 March, 4-5pm, online orientation session
- Wednesday 3 April, residential
- Thursday 4 April, residential
- Thursday 18 April, 10:30-12pm, online workshop
- Tuesday 30 April, residential
- Wednesday 1 May, residential
- Thursday 2 May, residential
The venue for both residentials will be The Hub - Toitu Poneke community and sports centre in Kilbirnie, Wellington.
- Earlybird Rate: Get in early for the best available rate. Early bird rates close on Friday 1 March
- Late Rate: Registrations from 2 March through to 18 March
- After Registrations Close: Later registrations may be considered after March 18 if space is still available.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org